Sunday, October 25, 2009

~Santa With A Feather Tree Rug~



Tonight I listed this rug on Ebay. It was hooked by me and the design is a Polly Minick design. I really like the old gold background.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. It was sun shiny here in Ohio today, which always puts me in a great mood. Tommorrow I'm going to have a busy day. I have an appointment to get new tires. Lindsay and I went shopping last Thursday and I pulled in the parking lot and we heard a LOUD hissing. My tire went flat,I ran over a piece of metal. Anyway, this couple was walking by as I was on the phone to Ford's Roadside Assistance. Of course the phone rang busy!! The guy offered to put on my spare, so I said ok. I was so thankful. Anyways, Katie if you are reading this the couple was from Ashland, Ohio. I told them that I was from Loudonville. They asked me if I knew one of their friends. So in turn the first person from Ashland that I thought of was Katie. Well, the wife was a teacher and had both of your kids in her class. The Johnsons. Anyway, I need to find out their address because I would love to send them a card. They saved us!! LOL!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Julie...I'm making the same rug, only in the blues and off whites. Great minds do think alike!! Only it's going to take me a lot longer to hook!

    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enlarged this pattern and used it as the center motif for a quilt. I did it in browns, greens and aqua's.. I have since transfered the design to hook a matching rug..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie,
    I like the blue and off white, can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi -- love the Santa Rug, could you possibly share with me where i could find this Santa Pattern that i could hook myself? i have been looking for a good santa pattern, haven't found one that i liked till i just saw yours. You do great work, love your blog!
    thanks, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie ~
    I'm so happy you found a good samaritan to help you out!
    Your Santa rug is gorgeous ~ as always. You pick such wonderful colors.
    It was sunny and pleasant in northern Ohio yesterday, too. I tried, unsuccessfully, to make myself do some yard work. I must dig up the cannas soon!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy,
    It's from the book The Americana Collection Hooked Rugs by Polly Minick. It is a very nice book with some good patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your help Julie with finding the Santa pattern -- it's huge! did you make yours that big? i think i will down size it, at that size i probably won't finish till next Christmas!! you do beautiful work! again, thanks!!! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy,
    I increased it to 300%. I think in the book it says increase to 400%. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete