Saturday, December 15, 2012

Wool Feather Trees

This week I learned how to make wool feather trees. I got together with a couple of my friends, Rhonda and Becky (missed you Stacie). I didn't know that it took 4 hours to complete a small one. It took 4 hours but, it was completely finished though. I told them I wouldn't make another one. Well, this is the second one I've made. I bought this Santa from Arnett's and the bigger tree looks better with it than the smaller one.
This is the first one I made. Both are made from wool that I hand dyed. The snow man is from Arnett's also.


Friday was an awful day for our country. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Feel so bad for the kids, teachers and their families. I feel really bad for all the people who have to investigate the scene... AWFUL!!! It is unreal. God Bless them all!!

9 comments:

  1. Good Evening, love your wool feather trees, both are adorable.....so is the Santa and snowman, prim love........To sad, my heart is breaking for all those families, thoughts and prayers for them all.....Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wool trees! Someday I hope to try and make a couple.Tragic and heartbreaking,my thoughts and prayers are with them all.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH HOW ADORABLE...I love this tree.
    I saw on Orange Sink she had one in a light color that she made.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too saw this wool tree on Orange Sink's blog, I believe her's was done in white. Love both trees, wonderful creative idea. My thoughts and prayers remain with those in Newtown, Conn. Greetings from Maine, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of these days I MUST make a wool feather tree. Joanne sent me all the fixins a couple years ago and I still haven't made it...sigh.
    What a senseless tragedy. How can one comprehend such evil?
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. What darling trees! I need to find some directions...did you use a pattern? So cute! In response to the tragedy in CT, it is indeed so very sad...I feel for them all...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness what a talented gal you are! I love the wool trees! Is it hard?
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the larger size tree! I've made a couple of the smaller ones but never got around to figuring the match for a larger one... lol! Going to give it a try for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to see a tutorial on these - how about it!? :-)

    ReplyDelete