Monday, March 2, 2009

~Favorite Flowers~


Hostas are one of my favorite flowers. Hostas are so hardy and it amazes me every year when they start to sprout up out of the ground in the spring. I enjoy watching them unfold their leaves and turn into beautiful plants. I collect them for the leaves and colors of the plants. I love the huge ones like Sum and Substance or Sum IT Up. I have friends that collect different Hostas for their names. For example there are patriotic names like, Liberty, Patriot, Minutemen, etc..

One of my favorite flowers are Gloriosa Daisies. I have grown them from seed but, they seed down from the year before.

Last summer I had really good luck with these flowers, Osteosperum.

A few years ago one of my friends rented a drill and drilled into the sand stone. It is great to plant sedums in.

4 comments:

  1. These pictures make me yearn for spring. I know it's not far off because my daylilies are sprouting but it's chilly and cloudy today. I'd love to get out and work in my flower beds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh... beautiful flowers! What a treat since yesterday we had about 6 inches of snow here. Bitterly cold today... in fact, I'd say it's colder than Frosty's butt here!!!! LOL! Spring should be here this weekend... wetaher folk are promising 60 degrees! Whoo-hooey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog.your flowers are beautiful.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I "almost" forgot the 10 inches of snow outside..lol Oh, and speaking of hostas, I spotted a strain with white leaves in my most recent plant catalog. I've got a rock wall in the shade just crying out for them!!

    Naomi-CT

    ReplyDelete