Sunday, April 28, 2013

Braiding

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. It was beautiful yesterday and I enjoyed it! Now I am really in the mood to do things outside.
 Last week I went to the hookin in Millersburg and Heavens to Betsy was there. Betsy and her hubby were so nice and of course I bought lots of wool. I had to leave early, so I missed Betsy showing how to add a braid to your rugs. Rhonda Thomas kindly showed me how to do the technique Betsy showed everyone. So here it is, love the look. Also, the design is by Tonya-Madhen Primitives. I've always wanted to make a big braided rug and I might just try it. Happy Sunday!

14 comments:

  1. First time visitor . . . love the look, too sweet :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie ~
    You did a great job on the braided edge! Rug is wonderful, too (as always)!
    A rainy Sunday here but since we can use the rain I won't complain too much, but it really was a lousy day for an outdoor rescue event. All the work they did...sigh.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rug is Beautiful !!! All the rugs you so look great, pretty colors....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the braid, I have braided a few rugs and I do love the look! Which book is that pattern out of? Thanks for sharing!
    ~Cammie~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, love the braided rug, so beautiful.....glad the weather is nice, here too, finally .......Enjoy, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's so beautiful, I just love the house and the braid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie it is beautiful! I can't wait to try Betsy's braid technique myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Julie! Love the braided edge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everybody!! it wasn't hard to put the braid on, I just needed 2 more hands LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there a tutorial on how to do the braid I so love the look

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to a hookin tomorrow in Kinderhook NY and Betsy and Hubby will be there. I can't wait to look at all her wool and of course make my selections. It's always fun to get together with other hookers and ooh and aah at their rugs.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete